Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, September 30 2023
Date Posted: Monday, September 18 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Management Accountant’s responsibilities include:
• Preparation and timely reporting of various management reports
• Analysing of Company performance, books of accounts and highlighting control gaps, if any
• Partnering with the Operations, Sales and other functions within the Company, covering all aspects of management information
• Identifying and reporting on areas of improvement in terms of processes, bookkeeping.
• Preparation of various management reports with accuracy and timeliness – weekly performance reports, monthly flash reports, monthly management reports, quarterly review reports, and quarterly Board reports, among others.
• Liaise with managerial staff and other colleagues in order for smooth and timely availability of inputs required for management reports
• Prepare division wise variable cost analysis, contribution analysis on weekly basis and alert management on any deviations.
• Prepare and analyze product costing – should be able to accurately report these at all times so as to aid management decision making
• Analyze fixed costs against budget and report on variances
• Review division wise cost allocations and escalate any deviations.
• Assist in annual budgeting exercise.
• Assist in Internal audit, statutory annual audit, TRA audit and any other audit
• Prepare relevant input schedules in support of management reports, accurately and timely.
• Prepare and analyze input-output stock reconciliation; liaise with other production heads for reasons of yield and other variances
• Analyze inventory and debtors ageing reports and report on risk areas
• Prepare and report Capex spending, keep track of project costs against budgets, escalate likely deviation to management in time
• Supervise direct reportee’s and ensure timely and accurate inputs are available from them
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, taxation, finance, business or related field.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Final level CPA, additional certifications like CIMA will be an added advantage.
• Proven experience of 4-6 years as a Public Accountant, out of which at least 2 years should be in management accounting and reporting
• Proven ability to manage teams, build relationships, work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, influence others, and lead initiatives
• The ability to work with SAP ERP.
• Good understanding of accounting standards (IFRS) and tax legislations.
• Advance level proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) is a MUST
• Strong analytical and communication skills.
• Sound problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work in a team.
• Good leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to properly interpret, apply and make decisions in accordance with the relevant policies.
• High integrity and judgment.
• An ability to generate trust and build alliances with co-workers.
• Ability to work well with the existing management team.
• Adept in developing and maintaining relationship with all stakeholders.
• Go-getter approach.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.