Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, November 15 2023
Date Posted: Friday, November 03 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Pediatrics/PMTCT/CECAP Officer will coordinate the implementation of pediatric and adolescent HIV, PMTCT, and CECAP services in a district council. S/he will coordinate the Pediatrics, PMTCT, and CECAP portfolio to ensure efficient implementation, M&E, CQI implementation, and reporting of all interventions and indicators. In addition, s/he will work with the respective CHMT members in collaboration with other ICAP staff, facility providers, and expert clients to ensure that all activities are implemented per GoT and PEPFAR standards.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Support the design, implementation, M&E, data use, CQI, reporting, and documentation of pediatric and adolescent HIV, PMTCT, and CECAP activities.
• Work with CHMTs and other ICAP staff to build capacity and mentor facility providers on the implementation of program priorities such as accelerating index testing for biological children, focused HIV testing for adolescents aged 15-19, provision of optimal ART regimen for children, pediatrics and youth-friendly services, psychosocial support, EID, maternal retesting, viral load testing, mentor mother initiatives, and all other interventions as per the national and donor guidance.
• Work with district teams to implement innovative, data-driven, quality pediatric and adolescent HIV treatment, PMTCT, and CECAP services.
• Work as part of the multi-disciplinary technical team to provide site support to district teams in ensuring linkages between PMTCT, EID, TB/HIV, and pediatric and adolescent HIV services
• Provide TA to the CHMT members and support facilities in planning, implementation, M&E, and reporting of pediatric and adolescent HIV, PMTCT, and CECAP services.
• Collaborate with CHMT to assess and implement initiatives to address skill and resource needs in pediatric and adolescent HIV, PMTCT, and CECAP services through supportive supervision, mentorship, on-job training, and design remediation strategies using CQI methodologies.
• Ensure compliance with national and international standards and best practices for program implementation and that all programs are implemented per national guidelines and policy, protocols, SOPs, good clinical practice, and ethical/regulatory requirements.
• Provide oversight of pediatric and adolescent HIV clubs within the district council
• Participate in the data collection, analysis, and use at facility and district council levels and contribute to the development of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
• Lead the documentation of program success stories and lessons learned in the relevant technical areas for internal and external release/publication.
• Lead HTS and HIV prevention-related supervision related to PMTCT & EID in the respective council in collaboration with the CHMTs
• Coordinate and facilitate monthly meetings for sharing challenges and strategies for the improvement of pediatric and adolescent HIV, PMTCT, and CECAP activities
• Support sites to understand targets, align their strategies and activities towards them and meet their set performance targets
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
• Required Education: Medical degree (MD, MBBS, or equivalent)
• Required Technical Experience: Minimum 3 years’ work experience in the HIV field with a donor-funded organization, including demonstrated experience and knowledge working on pediatric and adolescent HIV treatment, PMTCT, and CECAP programs. o Preferred: Experience working with PEPFAR-funded HIV programs.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English required.
• Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint at the minimum; preferred proficiency with statistical Software such as SAS and SPSS).
• Ability to provide high-quality technical assistance to districts and facilities.
• Ability to work with a diverse team.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and strong problem-solving skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.