Principal Credit Appraisal Officer
Jobs at:Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank (Tadb)
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, June 12 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 30 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Workstation: Hq (Dar Es Salaam)
Nature And Scope:
The job holder reports to the Credit Appraisal Manager. He/She is responsible in conjunction with the Credit
Appraisal Manager in appraising projects and maintaining client relationships.
• To provide direct (specialist/ professional) credit assessment and evaluation to whether the credit proposal meets criteria and counter-party credit risk falls within acceptable parameters, and independently recommend appropriate credit proposals, including; terms or conditions where necessary to ring-fence the facilities and related cash flows towards repayment of the facilities to the bank.
• To provide expert input for all papers (for tabling at the Credit Committee/Board Business Committees) to the Credit Appraisal Manager and Director of Credit and Business, and ensuring ample time for their review.
• To identify, quantify and evaluate sources of risks and (where possible) provide mitigation.
• To interrogate information obtained to gain a thorough understanding of business parameters, which create profit/ value as well as the associated risks.
• Be able to defend your own judgment in a manner that does not negatively affect the business relationship.
• To build a smooth working relationship with Zone officers to improve the quality of business proposals and turnaround times on credit evaluation.
• To detect and evaluate shifts or changes in key risk parameters in a business relationship or industry and evaluate the implications of such changes on continued business dealings.
• Take and or recommend remedial /appropriate actions for deteriorating exposure identified during the credit review process.
• To participate in the preparation of several credit reports that shall be required from time to time.
• To participate in several policies review, procedures, and manual preparation relates to credit function.
• To visit projects in different zones within the country for project familiarization on both new and existing clients requesting credit facilities (new loans/renew/enhancement/restructuring etc.).
• To follow up on covenants set during the approval of credit facilities (pre-disbursement and subsequent conditions) to make sure they have been adhered to.
• To assist in providing training and business advisory services to colleagues in lending (Zone officers, junior credit appraisal officers, interns) as well as clients.
• To ensure the necessary and relevant bank records, e.g. loan files, are kept and updated as required.
• To carry out any other duties assigned by Supervisor from time to time.
• Extensive knowledge and skills in credit appraisal/analysis especially those related to agricultural finance for corporate, emerging corporate businesses, SMEs, cooperatives, smaller holder farmers, etc.
• Ability to communicate and present information well both orally and written.
• Proven good interpersonal skills in a Business and Credit environment.
• Knowledge of Bank Credit Products with a focus on agricultural finance.
• Detailed knowledge of credit analysis techniques
• Communications and presentation skills.
• Negotiation skills including the ability to take a clear position (and defend it if needed) with regard to a credit decision about credit facilities.
• Excellent understanding of credit and associated risks
• Excellent understanding and in-depth knowledge of the agricultural sector in Tanzania and worldwide at large.
• Ability to develop action plans to achieve work outputs, identify resources required, and implement the action plan.
• Ability to identify areas where the bank can be more effective, and propose plans to implement these changes.
• Ability to take responsibility for meeting client needs.
• Ability to identify opportunities for improving client services.
• Demonstrates trust in working with colleagues, helps others in achieving targets, and gives open and constructive feedback.
• Ability to analyze the process required in undertaking a piece of work in order to plan tasks.
• Ability to evaluate credit application proposals.
• Ability to interpret financial statements.
• Ability to prepare, write and present credit reports.
Qualification, Knowledge, Experience:
• Master’s degree/postgraduate qualification in Economics, Business Administration, Agricultural Economics, Finance, Accounts, Banking, or related discipline.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in credit assessment and or relationship banking at a Senior Officer level.
• Computer literate.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Job applicants are required to apply for these employment opportunities through the TADB career portal: https://www.tadb.co.tz/careers/ or send their application through the email: email@example.com
Please note: applicants are required to attach the following to their respective application.
• Application letter, showing how you meet the requirements of the position.
• An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
• Contacts stating name in full, physical address, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of the candidate.
• Certified copies of relevant certificates.
• Names and full contacts of three (3) referees.
• A strong portfolio of Creative Design work (applies for Public Relations and Marketing applicants only).
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the TADB career portal: https://www.tadb.co.tz/careers/
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 4.00 pm on 12th June 2023.
For further information, please visit the Bank’s website: www.tadb.co.tz
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.