Principal Human Resource And Administrative Officer
Jobs at:Lake Victoria Fisheries Organization (LVFO)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, December 22 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, November 23 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
PRINCIPAL HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (PHRA) -P3 (Ref: LVFO/HR/2023/02)
a) Reports to: Director Finance and Administration
b) Supervises: Administration support staff
c) Directorate: Finance and Administration
d) Directorate Head: Director Finance and Administration
A. Purpose of the Job
To develop and implement the organization’s Human Resource Strategies, policies and programs aligned to the organization goals, and compliant with applicable laws and regulations and that support achievement of the strategic plan. This to be done alongside the administrative mandate by offering logistical support and maintenance of an efficient and conducive working environment for all employees so as to lead to the accomplishment of various LVFO activities
B. Duties and responsibilities
1. Develop Human Resources strategy and an annual HR work plan aligned to the organizational objectives;
2. Develop HR policies and procedures and ensure their effective implementation;
3. Lead the process of leadership in talent acquisition, retention, workforce planning and implementation, and disengagement;
4. Maintain and store Staff Personal Data in a safe and secure environment and ensure it is easier retrievable;
5. Lead the process of staff management, rewards, remuneration and benefits management
6. Lead the process of staff induction, employee learning and training development programs;
7. Manage HR risks and ensure compliance with HR policies and employment procedures;
8. Prepare and provide unit input for timely preparation of annual program of activities and budget of LVFO;
9. Provide advisory services on Human resource and administrative issues to management and staff;
10. Provide protocol services to visitors and dignitaries visiting LVFO
11. Coordinate the selection and recruitment of staff in accordance with the established rules procedures and best practices
12. Provide advice on Human Resource issues to Management and Staff
13. Maintain and update LVFO database of job descriptions, skills inventory, staff establishment, job advertisements and application forms
14. Initiate, formulate and manage human resource management and development Policies and Strategies for the Community;
15. Design and maintain internal administrative and staff performance appraisal and monitoring systems;
16. Advise on the enforcement of Staff Rules and Regulations;
17. Coordinate periodic staff performance appraisal/evaluation exercises;
18. Coordinate the selection and recruitment of staff in accordance with the established rules, procedures and practices;
19. Handle matters relating to terms and conditions of service in conformity with the established Rules and Regulations;
20. Initiate budget proposals for the HRA Department;
21. Prepare HR progress reports and follow up on the implementation of HR related Council decisions; and
22. Promote a positive corporate culture and image of the LVFO.
23. Foster positive employee relations and address concerns to maintain a healthy work environment
24. Performing any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
1. Ensure that all the Office Facilities are fully functional
2. Ensure LVFO’s fleet is well managed and effectively allocated
3. Support the development and effective implementation of the Annual Administration Work plan
4. Handle all security matters and safe custody of all LVFO’s assets
5. Ensure a sufficient supply of Office Consumables so as to avoid any disruption in day-to-day operations
6. Identify the key risks in Administration and ensuring that they are mitigated
C. Qualification and working experience
• A Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration (Human Resources Management), Management sciences, Organizational Development, Organizational Psychology or related disciplines.
• An Honours Bachelors’ Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Organizational Development or Organizational Psychology, or Social Work and Social Administration or any other Social Sciences with Human Resources/Personnel Management as one of the subjects,
• Professional qualification in CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development) or any relevant Professional Human Resource and or Administration qualifications will be an added advantage.
• Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resources Management is an added advantage.
1. Working experience
• A minimum of Ten (10) years’ experience in Human Resources Management and Administration with a minimum of five (5) years at Senior level;
• Experience in general Administration roles.
2. Desired key competencies
• Demonstrable Leadership Skills
• Effective writing, analytical and communication skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills; Planning and organization skills;
• Very good Decision Making and Problem-Solving Skills
• Excellent stakeholder engagement and networking skills, and
• Highly innovative and creative.
• Computer and report writing skills;
• Self-starter with the ability to strategically plan own work.
• Very good written and oral knowledge of English.
D. Conditions of employment
The Contract period is for five (5) years renewable once upon satisfactory performance. The first term is subject to a six (6) months’ probation, before confirmation upon satisfactory performance.
An attractive Basic Salary package at P1 scale including monthly Housing and Transport allowance.
2. Fringe Benefits
In addition, this post offers attractive fringe benefits including an installation allowance paid once, plus gratuity paid monthly, a personal medical Insurance, life and personal accident insurance cover.
Eligibility is restricted to candidates from EAC/LVFO Contracting Partner States (The Republics of Burundi, Kenya, Uganda and the United Republic of Tanzania).
F. Language requirement
Proficiency in English language is a necessary requirement.
G. Age Requirement
Must be preferably not more than 55 years’ old
Applications should be submitted not later than Friday, 22nd December 2023 at 17:00hours Local time.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.