Programme Officer Development
Jobs at:Embassy of Ireland Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, April 19 2023
Date Posted:Wednesday, April 19 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Roles and Responsibilities:
The precise range of duties will vary over time according to the needs of the Embassy, but will include the following:
• Work in accordance with the Department of Foreign Affairs’ Standard Approach to Grant Management (SAGM) including maintaining files, processing grant payments and tracking;
• Work effectively within a whole of Embassy approach that underpins the 2022-26 Mission Strategy;
• Contribute to the Embassy’s policy, strategy and reporting relating to Gender Equality, Governance and Human Rights, including formulation of key messages and event planning;
• Represent the Embassy on appropriate working groups and coordination structures for Gender Equality, Governance and Human Rights;
• Maintain a strong network of key stakeholders in the sector, including through representing the Embassy in relevant working groups and coordination structures;
• Participate in Embassy strategic planning processes and contribute to cross-Embassy team work on Gender, Governance and Human Rights, putting women and girls at the centre;
• Contribute to work across and within appropriate Mission structures and working groups – in particular as the secretariat for the Gender Action Team and in coordinating the Development Management Team;
• Carry out additional responsibilities that may be assigned by line management from time to time.
Essential Requirements candidates must be able to demonstrate:
The candidate must have:
• A graduate qualification in social studies, development, human rights or related discipline relevant to the requirements of this post.
• At least 5 years working in a Tanzanian national or international organisation in a field related to gender, women rights and governance.
• A proven capacity for delivering timely results and taking responsibility for quality outcomes.
• A sound understanding of key concepts relating to gender transformative approaches and women’s movement building; monitoring, evaluation and learning; governance and human rights.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with people at all levels and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• A proven appetite for learning and structured approach to self-development / career progress • Excellent communication skills including fluent written and verbal English.
• Fluency in Kiswahili.
• The successful candidate must have a legal entitlement to live and work in Tanzania prior to recruitment.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Post-graduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
• A sound understanding of the political, economic, social and cultural environments impacting on Tanzania, including a clear understanding of the relevant Tanzanian policies and institutional frameworks.
• Experience working in or closely with women’s movement and women rights organizations in Tanzania
Terms and conditions of employment:
• The successful candidate will be offered a three-year renewable contract, including a six-month probationary period. Start date: 01 July 2023, or sooner if possible.
• Primary work location: Embassy of Ireland, Dar es Salaam
• Working hours: full time, or 38 hours per week. There are 24 days’ annual leave. Occasional late working or attendance at work-related events outside of working hours is required (periodic travel will be required).
• The salary for the position is TSH 5,395,160 per month and TSH 70,137,074 annually, including a 13th month, paid locally, plus health insurance and training opportunities. Salaries are paid direct to a bank account; therefore, the successful candidate must have a bank account.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.