Programme Policy Officer (Social Behavioural Change and Gender) SSA 9
Jobs at:The United Nations World Food Programme
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, October 01 2023
Date Posted: Friday, September 22 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• To determine knowledge, perceptions, practices among school-aged children and adolescents and other priority audiences that could promote or inhibit the adoption of positive nutrition practices.
• To Identify / analyze barriers to adoption of positive nutrition among school-aged children and adolescents and gender norms and beliefs related to nutrition behaviours among school-aged children and adolescent girls and boys.
• To determine best practices and barriers towards comprehensive school feeding and effective community participation.
• To identify activities, platforms and identify roles of key stakeholders to promote the adoption of positive nutrition behaviors among school children.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Based on document review and consultations with stakeholders, prepare a contextual analysis report and information gaps requiring formative research.
• Design, implement and coordinate targeted formative research among identified priority groups in Zanzibar to generate behaviour insights to inform design of SBC strategy. Ensure the research plan is being implemented with fidelity to the approved research protocol.
• Analyse the research data and compile a publishable final report summarizing the findings and outlining recommendations for the development of SBC strategy including guidance on gender intergration.
• Convene a meeting with WFP and MoEVT to present the study design, implementaion plan and present the findings.
• Conduct bi-weekly update calls with WFP and MoEVT to ensure timely implementation.
• Perform other tasks related to this activity.
• Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
• Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance Displays ability to identify the main hunger problem at the national or subnational level to design and implement context-specific programmes that integrate complex analysis and the full range of food assistance tools.
• Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Voucher) Demonstrates ability to analyse and consolidate quantitative and qualitative information from different sources (e.g., market studies) to inform transfer modality selection and programme development.
• Broad Knowledge of Specialized areas (i.e. Nutrition, VAM, etc.) Demonstrates the ability to interpret basic data in the context of WFP specialised fields to contribute to technical programme design, implementation and monitoring.
• Emergency Programming Displays ability to translate understanding of programme principles in emergencies and protracted conflict situations into relevant, effective, and context specific approaches.
• Strategic Policy Engagement w/ Government Develops thorough recommendations using multiple inputs (e.g., government counsel, research, own experience) to strengthen national or subnational entities and government owned food and nutrition security programmes.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Minimum 5 years of experience designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating behaviour change interventions for nutrition, school-based programmes required.
• Experience in working with Government and non-Government stakeholders in Zanzibar including community members.
• Good understanding of Zanzibar school feeding and nutrition (including school health and nutrition) context.
• Experience in conducting interviews, facilitating meetings, workshops and synthesising and reflecting inputs received from stakeholders into a guidance document.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and to coordinate inputs from variety of actors.
• Experience working with the UN will be an added value not a must.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.