Project Finance Officer
Jobs at:Tanzania Horticultural Association (TAHA)
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, September 12 2023
Date Posted: Sunday, August 27 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
TAHA is an apex private sector member-based organization mandated to develop and promote horticulture (flowers, fruits, vegetables, spices, herbs and horticultural seeds) in Tanzania. TAHA’s goal is to improve the growth and competitiveness of horticultural industry in the country for social and economic gains. TAHA is a unified voicing platform for Tanzania horticulture, representing farmers at all levels, processors, exporters and service providers in the horticultural industry in Tanzania.
TAHA is currently implementing a 5-year USAID funded project called USAID “Tuhifadhi Chakula” activity. The purpose of the Project is to reduce food loss and waste and resultant climate effects for improved food security and livelihoods. The project is focusing on reducing food loss and food waste by addressing postharvest handling issues within key value chains with a major contribution to Tanzania food security basket. The project will implement interventions around four (4) main thematic areas, which improve food handling, storage and value addition at producer and commercial levels, facilitate market access to ensure agricultural good reach consumers, inform and promote policy and regulatory frameworks that reduce food loss and waste and strengthen local organizations capacity to lead on post-harvest management.
7. Project Finance Officer
Reporting to: Senior Project Accountant
Duty station: Arusha, Tanzania
The Project Finance Officer is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely financial transactions and processes. The Project Finance Officer will play a crucial role in maintaining financial compliance, processing payments, and supporting the overall financial health of the organization.
Scope of work
• Ensure the timely and accurate processing of payments to suppliers, staff imprest, statutory deductions, and staff salaries.
• Verify invoices and payment requests, adhering to organizational and donor financial regulations.
• Ensure all program-related payments adhere to TAHA and Partners/donors' financial regulations.
• Scrutinize supporting documents to ensure adherence to financial policies before processing payments.
• Process invoices, communicate with stakeholders, and work to resolve any billing and payment disputes.
• Maintain clear communication channels with vendors and partners to ensure smooth payment processes.
• Ensure timely collection and proper filing of receipts from all paid vendors.
• Maintain organized and easily accessible documentation for audit and reporting purposes.
• Prepare monthly debtors and creditors reconciliation reports.
• Assist Project Accountants in preparing monthly bank reconciliation and petty cash reconciliation.
• Record and maintain all transactions accurately in the organization's accounting software.
• Ensure all payment vouchers are appropriately filled with accounting codes and project details, stamped as "PAID."
• Prepare weekly reports on incomplete processed payments and unreasonably delayed payments.
• Contribute to financial audit preparation and assist in executing the audit process.
• Ensure timely submission of monthly statutory deductions and related reports.
• Liaise with relevant authorities to maintain compliance with tax and regulatory requirements.
• Manage organization payables and receivables through proper issuance of orders, invoices, and fund requests.
• Provide accurate and up-to-date information for financial decision-making. • Implement best practices to streamline financial operations
Qualifications and skills
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
• Professional qualification certification (e.g., CPA (T), ACCA, etc) is an added advantage.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
• Proven experience in finance or accounting roles, preferably in the nonprofit sector or projects funded by donors.
• Strong knowledge of financial regulations, compliance, and accounting principles.
• Proficiency in financial software and Microsoft Excel.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• High level of leadership, interpersonal, technical and analytical skills including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively and collaboratively, Computer skills and problem-solving skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should send their applications enclosing detailed;
• Application letter
• Curriculum vitae (not exceeding 4 pages)
• Copies of qualification certificates
The cover letter to be addressed to;
Human Resources and Administration Manager
P.O. Box 16520, ARUSHA.
1. Submission: All applications must be submitted via email to the following address: email@example.com.
2. Format: Please compile your application into a single PDF attachment. Ensure that all required documents are included in the PDF.
3. Subject Line: In the subject line of your email, clearly state the position you are applying for. For example: "APPLICATION FOR SENIOR PROJECT ACCOUNTANT POSITION."
4. Focus on One Application: Applicants are requested to apply for one specific vacancy only. Multiple applications for different positions will not be accepted.
5. Deadline: The deadline for submitting your application is Tuesday, 12th September, 2023. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
6. Adherence: Please carefully adhere to all instructions provided above. Failure to comply with these instructions may result in your application not being reviewed.
The successful candidate will be remunerated according the TAHA salary scale, and in alignment with the candidate’s qualifications and professional experience. Other employment benefits will be as per the organization’s policy
Please note: TAHA is an equal opportunity employer that welcome all qualified candidates to apply for the open positions. TAHA is committed to create a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel valued and respected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.