Radio Resource Coordinator
Jobs at:Farm Radio International
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, April 23 2023
Date Posted:Sunday, April 23 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Background on farm radio international
Farm Radio International ( www.farmradio.org ) is a Canadian organization at the forefront of using radio combined with other information and communication technologies (ICT) to meet the communication needs of small-scale farmers. Our mission is to support African broadcasters to provide radio services that share knowledge and amplify the voices of small-scale farmers, their families and their communities. We have been using radio to help African small-scale farmers since 1979 by sharing information on low-cost ways to improve food security to more than 1,200 radio stations across 38 countries.
The Radio Resources specialty team produces written and interactive resources for our radio partners to improve their knowledge on rural development issues (agriculture, health, environment, gender equality, etc) and radio broadcasting. This includes the production of written content resources such as interview and drama scripts, backgrounders, radio spots, and Barza Wire news stories about rural people. We also produce written Broadcaster how-to guides, online learning modules, and conduct facilitated online discussions and ecourses. All of our resources can be found at www.farmradio.fm.
Key areas of responsibility
1. Coordinate the production and editing of resources (70%)
Under the supervision of the Managing editor:
• Communicate with Farm Radio staff, freelance writers, and editors to assign radio resources, particularly for projects in Francophone countries.
• Assist with editing and review of submitted scripts and Barza Wire stories, particularly in French.
• Ensure the team is on-track to deliver resources for projects.
• Coordinate the translation of Farm Radio Resource pack items into French and local African languages, including recruitment of translators as necessary
• Help coordinate the production of Barza Wire, including determining content for each issue and preparing some content
• Support editors to improve their skills
• Help to improve Barza Wire and other radio resources based on feedback from our users.
• Support delivery of online writer training, as opportunities arise (about 1 per year)
2. Distribute and monitor radio resources (20%)
• Post written resources to websites, including bi-weekly Barza Wire edition, Farm Radio Resource Pack items and Broadcaster how-to guides (as available)
• Coordinate, draft, and publish weekly email to the Radio Network, sharing Barza Wire, Farm Radio Resource Pack items, or other resources
• Manage subscribers, the “on-boarding process” and follow up communications with subscribers.
• Oversee social media plan for FarmRadio.FM / Radio Resources
• Promote yearly subscriber survey and annual awards to broadcasting partners, as well as other opportunities as they arise
• Develop quarterly reports on readership analytics
3. Other (10%)
• Support the GEI review of existing resources
• Support planning and implementation of webinar events
• Contribute to the development and execution of systems needed for effective Radio Resource planning, implementation, quality control, monitoring, reporting and evaluation
• Contribute to the development and execution of departmental workplans and reporting
• Collaborate with other Farm Radio teams for the successful implementation of projects and delivery of services to the Radio Network
Degree/Diploma in Communication, Journalism, or related field
• small scale sustainable farming and food security, health, climate change, or environmental issues in Africa
• radio broadcasting and ICT, communication for development (C4D)
• Experience editing and strong writing skills
• Experience working in sub-Saharan African countries an asset
• Experience in marketing and promoting news and information services
• Excellent digital skills, experience with WordPress
• Fluent in English and French
• Experience with Google analytics is considered an asset; experience with monitoring, research and evaluation considered an asset
• Comfortable working with limited resources, including ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple initiatives simultaneously
• Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
• Excellent organization skills and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Farm Radio is an affirmative action employer. Women, people of colour and members of equity-seeking communities are strongly encouraged to apply. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To submit your application, send your CV to email@example.com . Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.