Regional Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Lead
Jobs at:HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, October 13 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 11 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Regional M&E Lead will oversee the implementation of M&E activities for both medical and community partners within their designated region to include data collection, data quality assurance, data compilation & reporting, and data analytics & use. The position will support the development and harmonization of effective monitoring and evaluation systems, support capacity building and training activities on M&E topics, ensure and logistics and communication across different program areas (clinical, research, and community) as it relates to data use to inform programmatic decision making. The Regional M&E Lead will provide feedback to MEL Director through weekly monthly and quarterly analysis of key program performance indicators through review of historical trends, identification of programmatic gaps, and provide appropriate solutions to address challenges. The incumbent collaboration with the regional health management team, council health management team), and outreach implementing partners to provide mentorship regarding data management, quality, and use. Supervisory duties include capacity building and mentorship of Strategic Information officers to improve national M&E systems, use of data, and timeliness of reporting. The Regional SI Team Lead is responsible for ensuring quality of data prior to final report compilation. S/he also will collaborate with the District Program Lead & Community Program Coordinators to prepare monthly, quarterly, semiannual, annual narrative reports.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
• Collaborate with the M&E team and other program staff in a designated region to:
• Monitor progress of targets (regional and district) and disseminate analysis to Strategic Information officers through IMPACT and DATIM dashboards.
• Ensure availability of standardized Monitoring and Evaluation tools at district and partner level.
• Supervise District Data Managers to ensure quality data collection and reporting on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis and ensure all reporting deadlines are observed.
• Monitor current data collection and management solutions to identify programmatic gaps and develop solutions in collaboration with district team.
• Review and analyze weekly, monthly & quarterly district reports to identify challenges in program implementation and to enhance quality of reporting and communication.
• Develop data visualization to identify and track regional program performance through IMPACT dashboards and other analytic tools and implement strategies to increase data use and demand across program staff.
• Oversee implementation of district level quarterly data quality assessments through analysis of district and facility-based performance.
• Conduct final review of data into IMPACT/DATIM on a monthly & quarterly basis prior to submission to MEL Director and other relevant staff.
• Participate in field-based supportive supervision activities to include monitoring, technical assistance, and training visits with HJFMRI staff at district level, involving both internal and external stakeholders.
• Liaise with program staff to review and analyze weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to identify challenges in program implementation and enhance quality of reporting and communication.
• Work with Strategic Information officers to build capacity of data clerks and data assistants through recommendations of best practices for data collection, data quality assessment, and reporting using national reporting tools to inform programmatic decision-making.
• Collaborate with HMIS officers to support health information systems, data demand and information use at region level.
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Science, Data Management, Health Sciences, Epidemiology, Public Health, Statistics, or any related discipline. Master’s Degree in related field preferred. A minimum of three years’ working experience at a similar position
• Computer literate in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and database administration.
• Technical knowledge of data management policies and procedures
• Expertise in DHIS2, DATIM, IMPACT, CTC2 database, pharmacy module, Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and others.
• Ability to communicate technical data to non-technical audiences.
• Excellent data management and data visualizations skills
• Ability to analyze and interpret data for decision making.
• Competent in the use of Statistical Analysis Packages (SAS, STATA, SPSS, EPI Info) and other analytical software (GIS and Tableau).
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a team-oriented, culturally diverse environment.
• Ability to resolve problems and identify appropriate solutions to improve data management and use.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• The ability to plan work and meet deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English & Swahili.
• Demonstrated initiative, creativity, and flexibility in problem solving.
• Ability to think strategically and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to effectively prioritize projects, schedules, and deliverables.
• Ability to travel in Southern Highland up to 50% of the time building capacity of regional team, facility-based health care providers, RHMTs and CHMTs.
• Experience organizing and facilitating trainings, workshops, and meetings.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications (cover letter and updated CV with three professional referees, in PDF format) should be submitted to email@example.com not later than 13th October 2023. Hand-delivered applications shall not be accepted. To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. As detailed in the job description(s) below, those who do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered.
HJFMRI is an equal-opportunity Employer. Women are encouraged to Apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.