Regional Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) Officer
Jobs at:HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, October 13 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 11 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Regional VMMC Officer will provide clinical and programmatic field support to the implementation of HJFMRI’s VMMC scale up activities in the Southern Highlands (SHL). The purpose of this position is to provide field based clinical and programmatic support to the CHMT and RHMT in the implementation of quality VMMC services provided through static sites, outreach, and campaign services. The position will ensure VMMC activities implementation conforms to the national guidelines. The incumbent will also support partners in the development of annual work plans and budgets based on the country strategies and operation plans. The position will comprise a clinical team ensuring the implementation of comprehensive HIV/AIDS services. The position reports to the Senior Technical Advisor, VMMC Services.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
• Assist partners in the development of strategic plans, work plans, monthly, quarterly, and annual data collection and compilation of reports.
• Provide technical support, mentoring and supervision to implementing partners on VMMC services and ensuring quality improvement and quality assurance in delivering of services.
• Assist in organizing and carrying out training programs for health care workers to deliver VMMC services in the regions as well as clinical implementation of VMMC program for HIV prevention.
• Ensure VMMC services follows: WHO, PERFAR/ HJFMRI and Government of Tanzania protocols, policies and guidelines and are consistent with established best practices.
• Contribute to the attainment of all project targets and milestones associated with the implementation of VMMC services.
• Assist in identifying priorities for assessment, research and evaluations related to VMMC services.
• Prepare reports, success stories, technical briefs, draft abstracts for presentations, and updates on the ongoing implementation of VMMC services.
• Collaborate with partners to organize outreach and VMMC campaigns in the region and ensure the providers adhere to quality and standardized practices.
• Build capacity of health-care providers and ensure they collect, compile and report quality VMMC data, including the use of data for quality improvement.
• Develop and implement strategies to ensure linkages between VMMC and other facility and community-based HIV services.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree required. Master’s degree in public health or related field preferred.
• At least three (3) years’ experience working with PEPFAR funded programs in Tanzania.
• Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
• Analytical, problem solving and exceptional organizational skills.
• Large donor experience required; prior DoD, USAID, or CDC and experience working with international NGOs in a cross-cultural setting preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship skills, including flexibility, diplomacy, intercultural communicative competence, and respect for colleagues.
• Demonstrate high integrity and strong values, including confidentiality.
• Ability to build and maintain sound relationships with multi stakeholders; competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels.
• Ability to multitask, successfully manage work pressure, with minimum supervision.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications.
• Ability to meet and communicate schedules and deadlines.
• Demonstrate exceptional professional judgment.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
All applications (cover letter and updated CV with three professional referees, in PDF format) should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 13th October 2023. Hand-delivered applications shall not be accepted. To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. As detailed in the job description(s) below, those who do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered.
HJFMRI is an equal-opportunity Employer. Women are encouraged to Apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.