Jobs at:Hanns R. Neumann Stiftung (HRNS)
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, January 31 2024
Date Posted: Thursday, January 25 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Hanns R. Neumann Stiftung (HRNS) is a non-profit foundation. HRNS is headquartered in Germany while the organization is active worldwide. With the objective of promoting sustainable development, HRNS implements hands-on projects to improve working and living conditions of farmers and their communities.
Working for HRNS you will find yourself surrounded by colleagues who are passionate about and dedicated to the mission and vision of the Foundation. Joining HRNS means being part of a diverse team with varied backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We follow the principle of equal opportunity and are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment.
Hanns R. Neumann Stiftung Africa, has a strong presence in Tanzania with projects currently being implemented in Arusha, Kilimanaro Ruvuma, Songwe and Mbeya Regions.
For its office in Mbeya, Tanzania, HRNS is recruiting a Senior Accountant.
Purpose of Position
The Senior Accountant supports the Finance and Adminstration Manager with a wide variety of functions which include transactional processing, bookkeeping, and maintainance of HRNS financial records. This includes but is not limited to: accounts receivable and payable, verifying the coding for all transactions, supporting audits, and preparing all necessary account reports for grant compliance.
• Keeping book of accounts, cheques, preparation of income expenditure statements as per financial regulations
• Assist with preparation of monthly management accounts. Prepare accounting reports for several projects (journal) including office costs and project costs
• Assist with statutory reporting process
• Monitoring and reconciliation of daily general ledger transactions
• Carry out monthly general ledger reconciliations
• Maintain fixed asset register
• Various accounting support tasks as required by management
• Establish and maintain office systems for the sound operation of the organisation including ordering and maintaining office supplies
• Ensure legal and regulatory obligations of the organisation are met including compliance with local authorities
• Participate in ongoing professional team supervision and training
• Provide administrative support to other staff and to the organisation using sound judgment, initiative, confidentiality and sensitivity
Qualifications and Requirements
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Advance diploma in Accountancy or business management.
• Minimum of three (3) years experience in an independent administrative and accounting position with advanced bookkeeping responsibilities. Experience in working with donor funded projects.
• Excellent Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Excel spreadsheets, word processing, and electronic mail along with data entry experience). Excellent communication skills
• Ability to implement new systems and affect staff behavioural/ attitudinal change
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively in a diverse team
• Excellent knowledge of financial rules and regulations
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are interested in the position and feel you match the above qualifications and experience; we welcome you to apply. Please send your CV and a cover letter with salary expectations and preferred date of commencement in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Jan 31, 2024.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.