Jobs at:Shugulika Africa Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, December 14 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, November 16 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our client is looking for a Senior Accountant a mid-level professional who oversees the company’s accounting department. They take ownership of every aspect that goes into producing an organization’s report, from cost-productivity and margins down to expenditures.
• Prepare budgets, cash flow, and projections.
• File documents.
• Upload and save swift advice for bank transfers.
• Scan and upload important finance docs and correspondence.
• Implement recommendations from the auditor’s management letter.
• Give recommendations on how to reduce costs, improve financial performance.
• Give recommendations on how to improve internal controls.
• Post vouchers.
• Maintain fixed asset register.
• Apply for an annual business license.
• Issue EFD receipts.
• Write receipts and payment vouchers.
• Maintain a file of supplier invoices and prepare payments.
• Maintain schedule of rent payments & and issue invoices.
• Initiate online payments.
• Check the quality of supporting documents.
• Prepare TRA and other statutory payments.
• Prepare salary.
• Calculate final benefits.
• Maintain a record of staff advances.
• Issue EFD receipts and Run Z reports.
• Do a monthly bank reconciliation.
• Reconcile VAT returns with EFD and sales.
• Do monthly petty cash reconciliation.
• Prepare monthly reports.
• Prepare debtors to report.
• Download WHT certificates and reconcile WHT.
• Analyze accounts for tax exposure.
• Work with TRA and auditors.
• Calculate provisional tax and revise as necessary.
• Minimum 4 years work experience.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or any related field.
• Experience with TRA audits.
• CPA holder.
• Conduct oneself professionally during work hours.
• Show up to work on time.
• Prepare reports on time.
• Double-check (proofread) work for errors.
• Show good communication skills.
• Identify and resolve problems before they become serious.
• Be proactive in all aspects of work especially TRA and statutory requirements.
• Keep track of pending items and communicate if things are late.
• Keep up-to-date on advances in accounting, IT, and related fields.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.