Senior Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Mining , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Tembo Nickel
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, March 30 2023
Date Posted:Thursday, March 30 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Tembo Nickel is seeking to recruit a Senior Accountant to join the Tembo Nickel Project Team. She/he will be responsible for managing and supervising the finance processes of Dar es salaam and Site projects. The successful candidate will ensure that the daily financial tasks including end of month financial close process are timely and properly addressed in line with the reporting framework.
The successful candidate will report to the GM-Finance
Duty Station: Dar es salaam
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide financial and administrative support in the design, implementation, and monitoring of project activities.
• Ensure that all day-to-day financial accounting tasks are performed regularly (e.g., reconciliation, reviews, documentation, filling, etc.)
• Ensure that the monthly financial close processes are done in line with the requirements set out per the financial close process.
• Verify the completeness and cut-off of accounting transactions loaded into the accounting systems.
• Ensure timely issuing of financial report pack for consolidation timely and accurately.
• Ensure Balance Sheet reconciliations are performed and verify whether follow-up procedures have been planned and performed.
• Identification of accounting issues and reporting the issues in line with documentation standards to the line Manager
• Provide support to the Annual and Half Year financial statement process that might require specific input for the group consolidation.
• Assist in the issuing of the monthly management accounts in accordance with the deadlines and procedures.
• Strictly apply the policies and procedures as set out and verify that these policies and procedures are applied and adhered to.
• Accept responsibility for ensuring compliance with the internal control framework.
• Oversee compliance of Tembo Nickel financial policy guidelines, policies, and procedures of the Government of Tanzania relating to all statutory requirements (PAYE, WHT, SDL, WCF, NSSF, HESLB) and any other income tax.
Qualification and Experience
• University degree in Accounting and Finance, Economics, or another relevant field.
• At least three(03)years of experience working on mega project and financial management.
• CPA is a MUST
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants are invited to send their resumes indicating the role tile in the subject via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Application closing date is 30th March,2023
Note: We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities based on merits and we do not charge candidates any fees in the whole recruitment process.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.