Senior Accounting Officer
Jobs at:Good Neighbors
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, January 02 2024
Date Posted: Friday, December 15 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established on 2005 and our efforts work towards creating environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership.
Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following role;
Position: Senior Accounting Officer
Reports to: Assistant Finance Manager, Finance Manager
Location: Head Office, Dar es Salaam
Contract Duration: 1 Year (Contract extension is subject to funding availability, performance or/and mutual agreement).
Under the overall authority of the Finance Manager, and direct supervision of Assistant Finance Manager, the Senior Accounting Officer is responsible to ensure effective financial management, management of fund and controls as per accounting procedure and financial standards and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage and control project budget and annual work plan in Financial Management.
• Establish and implement financial procedures in line with organization accounting procedure and financial Manual.
• Prepare Bank Payment Voucher for all approved Budget Request with appropriate funding sources and working budget plans.
• Prepare Transfer letter and Income Voucher for the all remittance received in the period of time.
• Prepare monthly Finance report in accordance with the organization templates and requirements in every month.
• Perform monthly reconciliation of bank accounts, prepayment and payables.
• Ensure budget management tool has updated information all the time and effectively identifying, preventing, detecting, and correcting non-compliance with internal policies and other financial management requirements.
• Lead development, monitoring and review of accurate budgets and track expenditures using cost-performance monitoring mechanisms to ensure prevention of over or under expenditure, monitor variances, and take actions as appropriate.
• Establish financial controls are in place and adhered to, ensuring proper safeguards of funds and ensuring compliance with established award terms and conditions, as well as GNTZ financial, accounting and administrative policies.
• Provide direction, advice and support to Functional Stream leads, including the preparing, review and approval of complex transactions.
Qualification, experiences and competencies
• A University Degree/Advanced diploma in accounting or a related field.
• Minimum 5 years work experience in donor funded project and financial management.
• Ability to work with accounting software such as QuickBooks.
• Experience in financial reporting requirements.
• Strong collaboration, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional time, task, and resource management skills.
• Strong problem solving, critical thinking, verbal and written communication skills. Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power point.
• Ability to present complex accounting information in an easy-to-understand format.
• Excellent arithmetic and mathematical skills.
• Ability to multi-task, flexibility, adaptability to transitions.
• Good motivational organizational skills.
• Perform other duties as may be required. Teamwork and working with Other.
• All interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, Please Click here to apply for the position on or before 02nd January, 2024.
• When applying please attach detailed curriculum vitae containing complete names and addresses (postal, email, phone), together with names and contact details of three referees (one should be current or previous employer).
All applications should be addressed to Country Director, Good Neighbors Tanzania, P.O. Box 33104, Dar es Salaam.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and email addresses.
• Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.
• Good Neighbors Tanzania has a zero tolerance to any harm or sexual exploitation and abuse against any beneficiaries (or program participants). Safeguarding and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s shared responsibility and all GN employees and partners are required to adhere to GN’s Code of Conduct both during and outside working hours. Familiarization with and adherence to the GN Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all employees and partners, in addition to related mandatory training. All applicants interested to work with GNTZ must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.