Senior Finance Ofﬁcer, Statutory and Tax
Jobs at:DCB Commercial Bank
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, November 13 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 07 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
DCB Commercial Bank Plc is a fully-ﬂedged retail and commercial bank in Tanzania. The bank offers banking services to Individuals, Microﬁnance, Small to Medium sized Businesses (MSME), as well as large corporate clients. DCB Bank has a wide branch network of over 8 branches, over 1000 DCB Wakala Agents, and over 280 Umoja switch ATMs serving over 3 million customers across the country.
We are currently seeking qualiﬁed candidate to ﬁll the role of Senior Finance Ofﬁcer, Statutory and Tax. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing accurate and timely regulatory reports and tax ﬁlings, and ensuring compliance with all relevant ﬁnancial regulations and requirements.
• Preparing daily, weekly, and monthly business reports and circulating within agreed time.
• Preparing payroll and ensuring all statutory deductions are made as well as ﬁling returns.
• Preparing regulatory returns and reports.
• Liaising with tax consultant and providing inputs for quarterly and ﬁnal income tax returns.
• Conducting annual tax health checks for the bank.
• Preparing and ﬁlling monthly VAT, withholding tax, excise duty returns, and other government
• Preparing ﬁxed asset schedule and related amortizations.
• Running IFRS 16 model for leased assets.
• Conducting physical asset veriﬁcation and asset coding as per the bank policy.
• Recommending procedures and policy changes to enhance controls.
• Ensuring there is sound management of stationary stocks, supplies and ﬁxed assets.
Qualiﬁcations and Experience
• Bachelors’ degree in Commerce, Accounting, Statistics or related ﬁeld. CPA will be an added advantage.
• Three years’ experience in a senior ﬁnance role with a focus on statutory compliance and tax management.
• In-depth knowledge in preparation of tax returns and regulatory reports
• Excellent interpretation of tax related issues based on ITA 2004, other indirect tax and ﬁnance Act
• Competent in using MS Ofﬁce.
• Attentive to details, and able to work in a pressured environment with minimal supervision.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV, photocopies of academic certiﬁcate, and names of three referees with their contacts, quoting reference number DCB-SFOSTA-10/2023 on the subject of the email. To be considered, your application MUST be submitted through firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 13th November 2023. Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.