Senior Financial Analyst
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, February 09 2024
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 31 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine (HJF) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing military medicine. We serve military, medical, academic and government clients by administering, managing and supporting preeminent scientific programs that benefit members of the armed forces and civilians alike. Since its founding in 1983, HJF has served as a vital link between the military medical community and its federal and private partners. HJF’s support and administrative capabilities allow military medical researchers and clinicians to maintain their scientific focus and accomplish their research goals.
HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst. This position is in support of HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI) PEPFAR and Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR) of the US – Department of Defence (DoD) in close collaboration with the Tanzanian Ministry of Health (MoH) and the President’s Office, Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG).
• Collect and analyze financial data and provide insights to support Program decisions.
• Prepare financial reports and forecasts (costs projections).
• Conduct financial management analytics (diagnostic, descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics) showing financial patterns, challenges, and opportunities for business insights, informed effective decision making, and strategy development.
• Provide HJFMRI Tanzania staff with financial management guidance.
• Develop financial models through benchmarking and process analysis.
• Analyze Program’s financial data for operational metrics tracking and informed decision making.
• Develop and maintain HJFMRI Tanzania Program financial performance metrics to measure the effectiveness of Program operations.
• Perform Program financial analysis, identify trends, and provide recommendations to the senior management team for planning and budgeting purpose.
• Identify and recommend strategies to improve Program financial performance and reduce costs.
• Report on Program’s financial performance on both routing and ad-hoc basis.
• Analyze and report on current financial performance.
• Monitor key financial metrics, identify areas for improvement, and propose actionable solutions to optimize the performance and effectiveness.
• Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and provide recommendations for optimization.
• Support HJFMRI Tanzania staff in work planning, budget development, and costs distribution.
• Coordinate the dissemination of approved budgets and respond to budget issues (queries).
• Ensure all approved budgets are timely entered into HJFMRI financial systems.
• Collaborate with Program staff, contracts and partnership staff and other cross-functional teams in the development and monitoring of HJFMRI Tanzania partners’ budgets.
• Review budget templates and HJFMRI Tanzania budgets in respect to accuracy, completeness and compliance with COP and PEPFAR / USG.
• Prepare wire forecasts as needed and guided.
• Monitor budget performance and report on potential and actual risks as well as budget variances.
• Ensure that budget adjustments are made as needed.
• Ensure the creation of consolidated budget versions for management review and approval.
• Provide financial management recommendations for management consideration.
• Prepare summarized budget analysis reports.
• Prepare budget forecasts as well as budget vs actual (BVA) reports.
• Develop user-friendly, useful, and insightful financial tools and reports for HJFMRI Tanzania staff and partners.
• Ensure budget development and monitoring activities’ compliance with PEPFAR / USG and Country Operational Plan.
• Assist in the provision of financial management training to HJFMRI Tanzania staff and partners.
• Assist in the implementation of best financial management and budgeting practices.
• Deputize the role of the Senior Finance Manager.
• Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices in financial analysis and reporting.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor necessary to achieve the objectives of the position.
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
• Ability to present financial information and models in a concise and easily comprehensible manner.
• Proficient in MS Office applications, Oracle, ERP or related financial systems.
• Detail-oriented and able to perform in a high-pressure environment.
• Knowledge of forecasting models and cost accounting processes.
• Knowledgeable in International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).
• Demonstrate high integrity and strong values, including confidentiality.
• Analytical, problem solving and exceptional organizational skills.
• Advanced knowledge of excel and other financial software.
• Good report writing and presentation skills.
• Ability to meet and communicate schedules and deadlines.
• Demonstrate exceptional professional judgment.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship skills, including flexibility, diplomacy, intercultural communicative competence, and respect for colleagues.
• Ability to build and maintain sound relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and under minimum supervision.
• Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
• This position will take place primarily in a office environment.
Education And Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting required. Master’s degree in finance, economics or statistics preferred.
• CPA-T or ACCA certification preferred.
• At least 6 years’ experience in financial planning, analysis, and modeling required;
• 3 years ‘experience in PEPFAR funded projects with annual budgets of over 20million dollars preferred.
• Large donor experience required; PEPFAR (DoD, USAID, or CDC) and experience working with international NGOs in a cross-cultural setting preferred.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, education and credentials, a criminal background check, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check if applicable. Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.