Senior Internal Auditor II- Risk Management
Jobs at:The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA)
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, February 05 2024
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 23 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, world-class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff regulation, and quality of service regulation of the electricity, water, petroleum, and Natural gas sectors. EURA has the following vacancies for which suitably qualified Public Servants who wish to be transferred to EWURA are invited to apply.
3. INTERNAL AUDIT DIVISION
Post Title: Senior Internal Auditor II- Risk Management (1 post)
Duty Station: EWURA Head Office - Dodoma
Reports to: Risk Management Manager
Senior Internal Auditor Il will be responsible for assisting the Risk Management to institute effective internal control system, risk management and good governance processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To review internal controls and submit recommendations to superiors.
• To assess and recommend internal control systems adequate to avert perpetration of frauds, misappropriation and embezzlements.
• To conduct audit work and documents audit issues in working papers.
• To conduct regular checks and ad hoc investigations.
• To respond to external audit queries to allow for accounts to be approved at the end of the financial year.
• To Monitor Management implementation of auditor’s recommendations.
• To participate in assessing risk management practices within the organization.
• To participate in special audits and investigations:
• To review working papers prepared by junior staff; and
• To perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience:
• Holder of Bachelor's Degree or Advanced Diploma in one of the following fields: Accountancy, Finance, Business Administration majoring in Accountancy or Finance or equivalent qualifications from recognized institutions plus either CPA (T), ACCA, ACA, CIA or equivalent professional qualifications recognized by the NBAA with working experience of at least seven (7) years in the related field. Skills in Risk Management will be an added advantage.
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
1. A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility:
2. Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results:
3. Ability to work in a dynamic team;
4. Ability to self-manage, achieve results and meet deadlines; and
5. Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
• EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
• Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested Public Servants should apply in confidence enclosing:
1. Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including names, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
2. Certified copies of certificates.
3. one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees,
4. Applicants must channel their application letters through their respective employers, failure of which will lead to automatic disqualification.
5. Transfer is not promotion therefore applicants should apply for the position they are currently holding.
6. Only successful candidates will be contacted for further procedures.
7. Applicants should indicate their willingness and commitment to cover their transfer costs as the application for transfer will be considered self-initiated.
8. Lobbying and canvassing will not be entertained and may result to the applicant's disadvantage.
9. Interested applicants should submit their applications by 5th February, 2024 through the following address:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA),
EWURA House, 3 EWURA Street, 41104 Tambukareli,
P. O. Box 2857,
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.