Staff travel and accountability coordinator
Jobs at:World Bank
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, May 20 2023
Date Posted: Monday, May 08 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank consists of two entities – the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and the International Development Association (IDA). It is a global development cooperative owned by 189 member countries. As the largest development bank in the world, the World Bank provides loans, guarantees, risk management products, and advisory services to middle-income and creditworthy low-income countries, and coordinates responses to regional and global challenges. Visit www.worldbank.org.
OVERVIEW OF THE STAFF AND TRAVELER ACCOUNTING COORDINATOR (STAC)
The Country Management Units (CMUs) of the World Bank Group in Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and Malawi are responsible for overseeing the implementation of the institutions’ portfolio of WBG-financed projects as well as the safety and security of staff involved in these programs. Corporate Security is looking to hire a well-organized, proactive and motivated individual for the position of Staff and Traveler Accounting Coordinator (STAC) who will report to the field-based Corporate Security Team comprised of the Country Security Specialist for Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi based in Dar es Salaam and the Senior Security Specialist, and will receive technical guidance from several globally-based technical security advisors with subject matter expertise in Corporate Security’s technical systems deployment, development, and training. This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and will be responsible for monitoring WBG staff travel across the Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi offices.
The STAC will be the main point of contact for coordination of field mission planning and supporting the required security planning measures. Additionally, the STAC will take the lead on developing protocols to enable fast and effective accountability for permanent staff and visitors throughout the country using various technical systems. The duties of the STAC will be broken down into 3 areas:
1. Field Mission Coordination
2. Mission Monitoring
3. Crisis Communication and Accountability
Duties and Accountabilities
Field Mission Coordination
• Act as the focal point for all incoming and domestic travel requests and monitor required security procedures for compliance before processing the security component of Country Clearance in close coordination with the CMU and CSS.
• Review all Mission Travel Requests (both incoming and domestic) and ensure the mandatory security requirements are in place. This will involve, but is not limited to, coordination on safe movement and ensuring compliance with pre-deployment criteria, including training and attendance at any mandatory briefings.
• Generate and provide on a weekly basis an institutional report to the Country Management Units of travelers in the country the following week.
• Develop and maintain daily trackers of all incoming and domestic mission travel in accordance with procedures stipulated by the CSS in order to accurately have visibility of all resident staff, visiting missions, and travelers transiting in the region. The tracker will document at minimum the reported locations, hotels being used, routes to be used for field mission travel if by means other than air transport, and accurate contact information for travelers on mission.
• Become a custodian of the Worldcue and MIR3 travel tracking and emergency notification systems and be proficient in their use for identifying all WBG staff and consultants who are in-country at any time, and responsible for investigating and reporting on anomalous country-based travel patterns.
Crisis Communication and Accountability
• When directed by the CSSs, use the travel tracking and emergency notification systems to conduct accountability for WBG staff. The parameters and scope of the accountability check will be determined by the CSSs, in close coordination with the CMU. The accountability process will include collating responses from multiple communications channels and will often involve direct communication with resident staff and travelers to ensure accountability.
• Assist the CSSs with drafting and preparing alerts and advisories for WBG staff
• Typical candidates will possess a high school diploma with 10 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. A bachelor’s degree and at least five years of World Bank Group experience is preferred.
• Candidates must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of no less than 5 years of working in a demanding environment that may require unplanned working hours to support emergency response efforts.
• Candidates must have, at a minimum, basic understanding of software interconnectivity principles and general computer software such as Excel. Experience with internal WBG platforms a plus.
• Candidates must have excellent English communication skills, both written and oral. Knowledge of another local language is desirable.
• Work Ethic and motivation – A strong sense of responsibility and self-discipline are essential in order to fulfil the requirements of this role. Candidates must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision for extended periods.
• Detail Orientation – Attention to detail and a meticulous working nature are required to ensure the duties and accountabilities of this role are correctly carried out.
• Solutions-oriented – Candidates must show initiative to investigate and coherently articulate atypical travel or technical issues to the appropriate technical support contacts.
• Teamwork – Candidates must have worked collaboratively as a team member throughout their career to date.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.