Supervisor – Field Welding
Jobs at:Geita Gold Mining
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, April 06 2023
Date Posted:Thursday, April 06 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Purpose of the role is to perform and complete all task assignment safety, using correct method and safety precautions to the required quality standard, completing task on time effectively using the resources, given for each task. Execute all planned and unplanned tasks and release the equipment safely to the mining operation team
VETA Trade Test Certificate Grade one/ Level three or its equivalent in welding.
GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
At least 2 years’ working experience or above in Mining industry as welding supervisor
Must possess Valid Tanzania Driving license
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Support our workforce to work safely by identifying and managing workplace hazards associated with the work being performed.
• Provide expert advice to maintenance and trades personnel engaged in the maintenance of the mining fleets and welding activities as directed by the SNR Supervisor
• Develop scope of work for major works associated with the welding works
• To ensure work is performed to the acceptable safety quality standards and that best fitment and welding practices are adhered and imparted to the work force
• To monitor maintenance skill levels providing necessary on the job training whenever necessary
• To maintain a register of training for maintainers and ensure the workforce can work without supervision
• To continually check all work in progress by monitoring quality. ensure works is performed to the acceptable safety quality
• Computer skills
• Should be a good team player
• Must possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Should be able to develop effective working relationship across all levels of organization
• Positive attitude towards safety and environment compliance
• Should be ready to work under pressure with tight deadlines and minimal supervision
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Please apply through our recruitment portal by Clicking APPLY button here
On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Supervisor – Field Welding”
If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 29th March 2023 at 5:30 Pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing speakupAGA@ethics-line.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.