Tanzania Retail Associate
Jobs at:One Acre Fund Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, October 26 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 08 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About the Role
In Tanzania, we are running a Rural Retail Program consisting of 40 retail shops (dukas) in the regions of Iringa, Mbeya, Njombe, and Songwe.
The Rural Retail Lead role is an important position within One Acre Fund Tanzania. You will manage the entire rural retail operation onsite and remotely, leading the regional leads and duka supervisors in the region they are based, and contributing to our impact and Social Return on Investment (SROI). You are adept in sales and passionate about making a lasting impact in our communities through the products and services we provide.
You will grow scale or quality at the same / less spend, serve more farmers and achieve more impact per fa
• Leadership: Oversee all retail operations, supervise regional leads, and manage the duka supervisors in the region where the Rural Retail Lead is based.
• Sales Strategy: Develop and implement sales strategies to exceed annual sales targets. Coordinate with supply chain function for the replenishment of products.
• Product and Services Strategy: Contribute to the strategic decisions regarding the products and services offered in the retail shops, based on field experience, competitive analysis, and an understanding of our clients' needs.
• Field Work: Spend a significant portion of time in the field to understand our clients' needs, monitor the competition, and gather insights to improve our operation.
• Impact Oriented: Ensure that the retail operation contributes positively to our impact and Social Return on Investment (SROI). Create strategies to maximize the benefits our clients get from our products and services.
• Reporting: Present regular reports to the Country Director on the status and performance of the rural retail operation, including sales performance, operational issues, and proposed solutions.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
• Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have: At least 4 years of experience in retail operations.
• A bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
• Experience in a Consumer Goods environment.
• Experience with POS and ERP systems.
• Experience testing new solutions for complicated business problems.
• Certification in contemporary improvement tools.
• Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
• Experience leading teams and managing sales operations.
• An understanding of the agricultural sector in Tanzania.
• Passion for social impact and an interest in serving smallholder farmers.
• Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgment to balance pace, rigor and risk.
• Fluency in English and Swahili.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Kigali, Rwanda or Nairobi, Kenya or any One Acre Fund offices with PES programs (Malawi, Tanzania, Zambia)
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
26 October 2023
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Click here to apply
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here email@example.com, but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.