Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, March 30 2023
Date Posted:Thursday, March 30 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Contract Type: Permanent
At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
Maximises sales revenue by working through and with distributors, dealers and other partners within assigned territory. Works alongside distributors and staff to carry out all the activities required to achieve set targets. Monitors stock levels both at distributor level and in the trade; also identifies gaps in the distribution chain and brings them to management attention for action. Responsible for generating revenue by closing sales. Sells products and services directly to customers primarily via face-to-face contact. Develops strong relationships with these customers to ensure sensitivity to the customer’s needs, concerns and winning share of hearts.
Ensures the achievement of agreed sales and revenue targets through distributors, dealers and other partners that resell the Vodacom’s products and services within assigned territory, Implement sales and distribution activities in the territory:
• Co-ordinates the distribution of Vodacom products within territory to ensure continuous availability
• Manages the distribution of branding and promotion materials to enhance visibility and build consumer/dealer loyalty within the territory
• Mobilizes dealer staff to participate in the implementation of various projects
• Identifies requirements for trade promotions and recommends to the line manager
• Implements and supports promotional activities in the territory
• Monitors competitor activity within the region and reports with recommendations for action
• Work with and support distribution partners:
• Familiarizes him/herself with the distribution partner targets for the territory
• Supports the distribution partner in developing action plans geared towards the achievement of the agreed targets
• In instances of shortfalls, establishes causes and takes remedial actions including coaching of dealer staff and trade promotions, in consultation with the line manager
• Works alongside dealer staff, as part of coaching and monitoring process
• Trains all distribution partners on Vodacom’s products and/or services
Ensure implementation and maintenance of Retail execution and distributor operating standards within designated territory. These will include among others; availability standards, stocking standards, pricing, and retail POS standards
• Generates weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on the sales trends in the territory
• Generates weekly reports on dealer’s performance
• Market intelligence reports on competitor activity
Qualification & Experience
• 6-24 months with University Degree or equivalent training in business or sales management
• Able to work under high stress with short-term targets and objectives
• High level of integrity and work ethics
• Presentation skills
• Computer literacy – Excel, Power point and Word
• Able to operate in a performance driven organization
• Knowledge of Swahili and English
• Clean Driving Licence
• Dynamic Prioritisation and Multi Tasking
• Requirements Analysis
• Business Partnering
• Change and Adaptability
• Data driven decisions
• Complexity Management
• Data Analytics and Insights
• Continuous Improvement
• Business and Commercial Acumen
• Sales Methodologies and Processes
• Customer Centricity
• Problem Solving
Not a perfect fit?
Worried that you don’t meet all the desired criteria exactly? At Vodafone we are passionate about Inclusion for All and creating a workplace where everyone can thrive, whatever their personal or professional background. If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align exactly with every part of the job description, we encourage you to apply as you may be the right candidate for this role or another role, and our recruitment team can help you see how your skills fit in.
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.