The Project Coordinator – VSLA/Finance and Investment
Deadline of this Job:
20 March 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization dedicated to fighting poverty and social injustice with a special emphasis on women and girls. CARE Tanzania is part of CARE International, whose vision is to seek a world of hope, tolerance, and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security. CARE International is a global force and a partner of choice within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We are known everywhere for our unshakable commitment to the dignity of people. CARE Tanzania and partners contribute to the empowerment of the most marginalized and vulnerable rural women and girls to exercise their rights. CARE-WWF Alliance in Tanzania aims to support smallholder farmers, particularly women, to acquire knowledge, access, and control of productive resources for increased productivity, income, and autonomy, to leverage the accumulated capital and revolving credit held by VSLAs, CARE-WWF Alliance will support collaborative engagement in agricultural value chains in Iringa and Mufindi districts through Common beans, Irish potatoes and nature based value chains to strengthen market position, reduce transaction costs and risks, and create incentives for collective enterprise investments. Group-wide and multi-group investments will enable VSLAs to make bulk purchases of agricultural inputs and capital equipment, support group training on good agricultural practices and conservation of natural resources, and build sustainable models of eco credit for smallholder farmers. CARE-WWF Alliance will launch the Investment model within existing value chain interventions (including common beans, Irish potatoes and nature based value chains) and then integrate it into future value chain projects. CARE Tanzania seeks to recruit self-motivated, results driven, dynamic, suitably qualified, competent and experienced Tanzanian for the position of the VSLA/Finance and Investment Coordinator to be based in Iringa .
• Plan and conduct demand creation meetings that will involve small-scale farmer production groups and other stakeholders in the operating area to let them understand on what CARE-WWF Tanzania is doing under program,
• Mobilize SSPP into Saving and Credit groups into Investment groups, build their financial skills and capacities and facilitate transformation of the Saving and Credit into business
• Train VSLA groups on Inclusive financial and business models that promote sustainable economic development and incomes of the SSPPs particularly women.
• Coordinate with others to promote integration of ILWM, VC and VSLA actions towards sustainable ecosystem
• Facilitate the rollout adoption of the Chomoka App by VSLA’s including build capacity and incentives of agents to present Chomoka App as platform for collective decision
• Facilitate the rollout adoption of Intra and Inter collective investment model by VSLA or similar saving groups
• Facilitate rollout of the Eco credit or similar model by VSLA or similar saving groups and facilitate private and public partnerships to improve access of the saving groups to financial services and benefits from ecosystem services.
• Facilitate the identification of “ready to use” Saving Groups, assist in coordinating and supporting CBTs in reaching these groups and providing of appropriate support.
• Maintain thorough understanding of the technical aspects of the digital technology and provide linkage support to VSLAs using Chomoka App with the back-end IT maintenance team.
• Monitor the performance of On-boarded saving groups on the ground and share feed back to the Program management as and of when requested.
• Document achievements, lessons learned, and promising practices drawn from project implementation.
• Document evidence for multiplying work with other staff to organise and conduct reflective learning forums (meetings, workshops, etc.) internally and externally with program initiative stakeholders including government, private sector partners and academia.
• Ensure that gender and the role of women in the selected value chains is mapped, understood and promoted the different actors.
• Must be innovative and resourceful in creating an awareness of new initiatives which respond to the needs and practices of project beneficiaries.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, take direction, assume leadership, and make rational decisions while working remotely from country leadership.
• Knowledge of livelihood and/or food security programming
• Ability to train and facilitate dialogue among a diverse group of individuals with various skill sets and work styles.
• An ability to work successfully in remote and challenging settings with limited resources.
• BSc/BA in business administration, agribusiness, agriculture extension or relevant field from an accredited university is required. Desired-Post Graduate degree / Masters in relevant field
• Minimum of 3 years’ field experience in related saving and credit groups and or sustainable investment or related activities.
• Proven experience in VSLA or other Savings Groups methodology is mandatory.
• Proven experience working with Digital Applications is helpful, but not necessarily mandatory.
• Good computer skills, conversant in using MS office Word and Excel.
• Experience in training communities and other stakeholders particularly women
• Experience in developing or implementing business or investment models
BSc/BA in business administration, agribusiness, agriculture extension
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
How to apply
Only a letter of application and updated CV including names of at least 3 reputable referees from previous jobs (preferable line Managers) with reliable contacts should be sent by email to Human Resources Department TZAHumanResourcesDepartment@care.org by CoB 20th March 2021 at 17:00 hours. CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and vulnerable people from abuse
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.