Trauma Incident Reduction (TIR) Intervention Facilitator – Consultant
Jobs at:International Rescue Committee
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, December 15 2023
Date Posted: Monday, November 27 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Requisition ID: req46975
Job Title: Trauma Incident Reduction (TIR) Intervention Facilitator – Consultant
Employment Category: Consultant
Open to Expatriates: Yes
Location: Kibondo, Tanzania
1.0 Background of the project:
The refugee population in Tanzania is facing a mental health crisis, exacerbated by challenging living conditions and the traumatic experiences of displacement. Psychologists from the International Res- cue Committee (IRC) in Tanzania are positioned to address this crisis. Training them in TIR1 will provide them with the necessary tools to assist their clients in processing traumatic experiences, reducing stress, and improving their overall mental well-being. This initiative aims to strengthen the mental health support system within IRC Tanzania, ensuring that the knowledge and skills remain within the community for sustainable support and intervention.
Incorporating TIR into the training for psychologists in Tanzania can provide them with a structured, effective approach to help refugees process their traumatic experiences, reduce stress, and improve their overall mental health. This investment in training local psychologists not only addresses the im- mediate crisis but also builds a foundation for long-term mental health support within the community.
2.0 Scope of work:
• Address the mental health crisis among the refugee population in Tanzania by training local psychologists.
• Provide comprehensive training in Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR).
• Enhance the participants’ understanding of trauma, its effects, and effective reduction strat- egies.
• Develop the skills necessary for facilitating TIR sessions.
• Promote a person-centered approach in addressing trauma and life stress.
• A thorough understanding of TIR among participants.
• Participants able to facilitate TIR sessions effectively.
• Awareness of the ethical considerations and best practices in trauma incident reduction.
• TIR Training workbook and presentations.
• A training report post workshop.
• Participation/attendance certificates.
Education and Certification:
• A master’s degree or higher in psychology, counseling, or a related field.
• Certification in Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR) from a recognized body such as the Traumatic Incident Reduction Association (TIRA).
• A minimum of 5 years of clinical experience, with a focus on trauma and stress-re- lated disorders.
• Proven track record of conducting TIR therapy sessions, with a preference for experi- ence in diverse and multicultural settings.
Skills and Knowledge:
• In-depth knowledge of the principles and practices of TIR and Life Stress Reduction (LSR).
• Familiarity with the impact of trauma on individuals, including PTSD, anxiety, depres- sion, and related conditions.
• Competence in facilitating TIR sessions, including assessment, viewing, and reaching endpoints for personal growth.
• Ability to teach and mentor other professionals in the use of TIR techniques.
5.0 Terms and Conditions:
• IRC has the right to withhold all the taxes as per the government of Tanzania standard.
• IRC has the right to withhold payment if the workshop is not completed on time.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.