senior procurement contract specialist
Jobs at:Q-Sourcing Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, May 02 2023
Date Posted:Tuesday, May 02 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About this Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited, trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec, is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of one of our Tanzania based client, we are looking for a competent and experienced Senior Procurement Contract Specialist.
General Purpose of Role
Prepares, awards and administers one or more multiple subcontracts of unlimited dollar value to ensure that subcontractors meet Company and project requirements fully. Broad experience, particularly in subcontracting activities typical to the environmental/engineering and construction industry, and an ability to negotiate subcontracts effectively, is required. A willingness to travel to the subcontractor’s facility when necessary, is required and computer literacy.
SPECIFIC PRE-CONTRACT ACTIVITIES:
(“Pre-Contract” is used in this context as the activities up to the award of individual Contracts. All activities below to be carried out in adherence to Worley Way of Working)
• Act as focal point for EOI/RFI / RFP /SSJ, leading the process on behalf of Worley.
• Identify, develop and propose sources, solicit contractors, receive tenders, proposals and associated submissions.
• Expedites input to any Tender package and compile physical package for review and issue, including all duly prepared Subcontract documents.
• Performs qualification exercises to select bidders for RFP from the Project Bidders List and issues the bidders’ list for review and approval.
• Ensures Due Diligence of Contractors is carried out in conjunction with other functions.
• Adhere to Local Content requirements as stated in the Head Contract, seeking advice where required.
• Provides input to and administers Client and Company contracting strategy papers.
• Initiates and chairs RFP explanation/clarification meetings/registers and writes and issues consequent minutes.
• Receives and handles all queries from bidders including co-ordination of discipline response to queries. Indicates distribution of correspondence.
• Facilitates the RFP evaluation process; performs Commercial evaluations.
• Initiates and chairs bid clarification meetings, writes and distributes minutes.
• Undertake negotiation of contracts, including terms and conditions and pricing and delivery. Initiates and chairs contract negotiation meetings, maintain qualifications register for distribution.
• Identify, propose and negotiate changes to enhance contractors’ support to the project
• Additional Technical Information
• Compiles Proposal summaries and award recommendations for approval;
• Compiles Contract packages for signature;
• Performs line reporting to Project Contracts Manager concerning the Status of the activities performed to Pre-Contract.
• Prepares Recommendation for award
• Obtains securities pre-award and mobilisation
• Ensure Contractor has been set up in finance system, time writing and other Project systems as may be required
• Obtains securities pre-award and mobilization
(“Post-Contract” is used in this context as the activities which are performed between the award of the Contract and its close-out consequent to satisfactory completion of Work.)
• Receives all correspondence from contractors, initiates distribution and close out;
• Maintains correspondence, Work Release and Contractor change registers;
• Maintains Securities (Bonds, Performance Guarantees, Insurances etc) and tracks for expiry;
• Either replies to Contractors’ correspondence where the subject is solely Contract-related or co-ordinates the review of and replies to such correspondence with other Client/ departments/disciplines;
• Provide Contractual interpretation for the Project Team
• Ensure contractor documentation, including work specification products due in the initial contract stages which set the parameters of the contractor’s performance of requirements, are received, reviewed and approved and implemented or revised and approved to meet the contract, as appropriate.
• Ensures contractual compliance by Contractor;
• Participate in program reviews, monitor program performance (schedules, deliverables, funding, invoicing, and payments), and notify program managers or directors of potential non-compliances or other problems that could have an adverse impact on the company
• Administers and reports through the applicable tools
• Reviews all requests for compensation for extra work from Contractors and co-ordinate their further review and approval;
• Monitor contractor’s performance, conduct change negotiations, manage and negotiate claims, maintain contract files, closeout contract when completion has occurred and provide surviving documentation to responsible parties
• Performs line reporting to the Project Contracts Manager concerning the financial Status of contracts.
• Closes out security documentation
Global Level Summary
Senior level position with advanced knowledge and a specialized depth or breadth of expertise, gaining a mastery of a single areas or multiple broader areas of specialization.
University Degree, or equivalent, in related field or applicable discipline, or equivalent relevant experience. Typically 7+ year’s relevant experience.
Plans and conducts and may supervise work of self and others. Has ability to lead project teams. May participate in cross-functional collaboration.
• Works with self-initiated interaction with supervisor and self-initiated technical guidance. Broad duties assigned at beginning of projects. Work is assigned in terms of objectives, relative priorities, and critical areas that impinge on work of other units. Work is reviewed to ensure policy conformity and soundness of approach. Informed guidance is available.
Able to lead functional project teams. May have direct reports. Will typically assign activities and regularly give job-related guidance to department staff as a senior advisor.
• Strong ability to Inform and persuade on complex matters through preparation and delivery of proposals, presentations and reports, as well as collaboration with stakeholders and management.
• Systems, Processes & Tools
• Strong understanding of systems, processes and tools related to field. Able to assist others and troubleshoot issues.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.